How Will I Be Compensated for My Land?
- Fair Market Value. Fair Market Value will determine the amount that an owner will be offered for their share of interest in a fractionated tract.
- $75 Base Payment. The Program will provide landowners with a base payment of $75 per offer, based on estimates for the time and effort required for individual landowners to proceed through the acquisition process and to facilitate sales.
- Funds will be deposited into the landowner’s Individual Indian Money (IIM) account.
Indian Education Scholarship Fund
For every interest sold, a contribution will be made to the Indian Scholarship Fund – up to $60 million. The Scholarship Fund will be managed by a third party non-profit organization (American Indian College Fund).
Amount Funded per Fractional Interest:
- For every purchase of a fractional interest funds will be added to the scholarship fund.
- Participation in the Program is not required for a student to apply to receive financial assistance.
- If you live on or make use of the land, visit your local BIA Real Estate Service Office to confirm that a valid lease or land use permit is in place.
- If you sell your land interest, you will no longer receive any revenue generated from that tract of land.
- The value of minerals are taken into account during the appraisal process.
- Minerals cannot be severed from the land (doing so would not meet the purpose of reducing fractionation).
Back to Top
Read More: What is my first step as a landowner?