How Does the Buy-Back Program Work?
- Tribes have the opportunity to prioritize the fractional lands they are interested in consolidating for community interest.
- The Buy-Back Program will purchase fractional trust or restricted lands for the purposes of land consolidation.
- Willing sellers can choose to sell some, all, or none of their fractional land interests. Participation in the Program is strictly voluntary.
- Purchased interests will be immediately transferred in trust to the Tribe with jurisdiction over the land.
Eligible landowners will be mailed a Purchase Offer Package.
- Cover Letter
- Purchasable Interest Inventory (PII)
- Self-Addressed Return Envelope.
Note: Not all owners will receive a purchase offer package. Tracts selected for purchase by the Program will be determined by several criteria, including Tribal priorities.
How will I be contacted to participate in the Program?
How do I complete the Purchase Offer Package?
- Verify your personal information is correct.
- Select the tract(s) you are interested in selling, sign the deed exactly as your name appears on the document in presence of a notary public (also available at outreach events).
- Note: Landowners have a set amount of time to decide whether to sell some or all of their fractional interests.
- Packages must be completed and postmarked/returned before the end of the 45 calendar days to be processed.
Back to Top
Read More: How will I be compensated for my land?